Beer Festival 4th-7th May
This four-day CAMRA beer festival is to be held over the early May bank holiday weekend, in conjunction with the Elsecar Heritage Railway – the Coalfields Memorial Line, set in the attractive conservation village of Elsecar.
The CAMRA beer marquees will feature 100+ real ales and cider rotating throughout the four days. Opening hours are 11am to 10pm on Friday 4th May, Saturday 5th May, Sunday 6th May and 11am-6pm Monday 7th May 2018. A full live list of real ales available can be found at the micro site Barnsley Real Ale Data Base..
Located behind the Elsecar Heritage Centre, the venue is a working heritage railway off Wath Road, Elsecar, which is on the 66 bus route from Barnsley interchange. The venue is only 8 minutes walking from the Elsecar Railway Station, which has services between Sheffield and Leeds/Huddersfield. If coming by car, follow the brown tourist signs for Elsecar Heritage Centre, which start some way out on the M1. Parking is plentiful and free. Barnsley is the starting point for second leg of the Tour Of Yorkshire bike race. This race comes through Elsecar on 4th May. The ladies race in the morning and the men’s race in the afternoon. Road closures will be in force up to 45 mins before the races arrive.
The Heritage Railway will have the steam locomotives for rides (not Friday) see their website www.elsecarrailway.co.uk. for more details.
We also have live entertainment on stage throughout Saturday, Sunday and Monday - 2pm till 8pm (1pm till 5pm Monday).
Food stalls offering hot and cold food such as pizza, burgers, hotdogs are open all throughout the weekend. Join CAMRA at the membership stand we are offering new members 2 free pints of Cask Ale or Cider/Perrie. And have a go on our ever popular tombola stand, these will be open throughout the weekend.
While at the festival why not visit the Elsecar Heritage Centre. These restored historical buildings were formerly ironworks and colliery workshops of the Earl Fitzwilliam. They now house an antique centre, individual craft workshops, shops and exhibitions of Elsecar's past. Entry is free. The latest attraction to be opened to the public is the Elsecar Newcomen Beam Engine it is one of Yorkshire's finest surviving legacies of the Industrial Revolution. It is the only Newcomen–type atmospheric pressure beam engine in the WORLD to have remained in its original location. On Monday 7th May there is a craft fair at the heritage centre's unit 21 building.
This will be great weekend out for all the family. email Andrew at ku.gro.armacyelsnrab@lavitsefreeb Twitter @beerbarnsley or @barnsleyCAMRA
Volunteers are needed to help out at the festival should you be interested please follow the link Staffing form .
Other information from these websites:
Travel South Yorkshire. Local bus and train times, including information on changes to bus times and routes during the Tour of Yorkshire bike race.
Tour of Yorkshire. Information from Barnsley Council on the Tour of Yorkshire bike race.
Elsecar Heritage Centre. While at the festival, have a visit to the heritage centre, shops, play areas, more beer...
Twitter / beerbarnsley
- Wednesday 18th July, 08:57 : RT @BarnsleyCAMRA: A welcome plus meet and greet evening for New and other members will be held this FRI 20th JULY at the Tap and Brew… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday 10th July, 20:32 : RT @BeerWoolley: You can now get your tickets online for the Woolley Beer Festival skiddle.com/whats-on/all/… pic.twitter.com/AEC2odyeQl
- Friday 13th July, 22:30 : RT @BarnsleyCAMRA: @BeerBarnsley @MDBElsecar @AcornBrewery @TwoRosesBrewCo @GeevesBrewery @jollybrewery @jeremysykes60 @CAMRA_Official… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday 5th July, 13:04 : RT @outhousebrewing: Check out my updated website. outhousebrewing.co.uk First brew day in two and a half weeks. Cuckoo brewing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday 1st July, 19:39 : Comming soon Cask Beer Homage- first weekend in September, in a new venue too #beer #Barnsleyisbrill @MDBElsecar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday 1st July, 09:05 : Today we help @WortleyMensClub with the most important bit of the festival..... the bar and the pumps 😁 hope they h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday 30th June, 08:24 : RT @TwoRosesBrewCo: Tickets for sale @ArcadeAlehouse for the 1st Woolley beer festival @barnsley1862 pic.twitter.com/9ejQuTrBCR
- Saturday 16th June, 01:42 : RT @BeerBarnsley: Should @BarnsleyCAMRA bid to hold the #GBBF winter festival in barnsley from 2020? #beer #Barnsleyisbrill